cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity not "hearing" touch-tones

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone ran into this:<br><br>Unity answers all incoming calls using a Call Handler which then directs them to press 1 for sales, press 2 for service, press 3 for accounting or press the extension of the party you wish to speak with. If a caller press extension 711 for example, they may get a message to the effect of "I'm sorry, that is an invalid option". If the user presses 711 slower, the call gets transfered. I am able to duplicate this, and the speed of which the buttons are pressed is normal. <br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Assuming you have Unity integrated with CallManager...

What kind of gateway do you have attached to the CallManager? In a CallManager integration Unity is told which DTFM tones were pressed through Skinny protocol. The gateway is the device that actually determines which DTMF tones were pressed.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

I have the Cat 4224 running 12.1.0.YE5 (latest) running as an H.323 gateway with 3 FXO-M1.

Your best bet is to open a case with TAC. Make sure to note that it is an issue with the gateway rather than Unity so that you get routed to the correct team.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com