Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity not recording External Calling number

Why would Unity not record the calling number when the call in coming from a gateway? I am running Unity 3.1x and 4.0 in two seperate cusotmer locations and I have the same behavior. When the call is presented to the phone, I have calling line id, but when it goes into voice mail, that number is not placed in the begining of the message as it would be for an internal call.

I do not see anything in the Call Handlers that will prevent the recording of the number. And I have not seen anything in the documentation that says that Unity disregards those external numbers.

Any thoughts on where to look to correct this, or is this a known feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity not recording External Calling number

Unity will place the calling number for non-subscribers into the subject field of the voice message. So, for unified messaging this is available through your email client. However, it is currently not available through the TUI (i.e. over the phone).

Playback of caller ID over the phone will be available in the very near 4.0(3) release. Of course, not everyone will want this feature turned on. Having Unity play an extra prompt and read out ten digits beofore each message can really slow things down for folks. Fortunately, you'll be able to set this feature on a per subscriber basis.

-Eric

2 REPLIES

Found a White Paper that indicates that only the sender's information is available if the sender is also a subscriber.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/dataarch.htm#1064263

But that does not explain why I get nothing not even an indication it is from an outside caller. The number is there, why not use it?

Anyone want to make a suggestion to product development? VoiceMail on other products can do this.

Cisco Employee

Unity will place the calling number for non-subscribers into the subject field of the voice message. So, for unified messaging this is available through your email client. However, it is currently not available through the TUI (i.e. over the phone).

Playback of caller ID over the phone will be available in the very near 4.0(3) release. Of course, not everyone will want this feature turned on. Having Unity play an extra prompt and read out ten digits beofore each message can really slow things down for folks. Fortunately, you'll be able to set this feature on a per subscriber basis.

-Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies