cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Notification Utility on Unity 3.1.5

t.polimine
Level 1
Level 1

cant seem to get email or smtp messages sent when Unity Notification Utility , all the events appear to be correct, i am using a vaild subscriber account to recieve email and using a valid smtp relay server to send alerts to non-subscribers. the AvGaenSvr service is running, but when a configured event occurs, emails and smpt messages never send. Any thoughts.

Windows2000 sp3, Unity 3.1.5

5 Replies 5

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

Try using the generic SMTP section. I think it is the second tab. Basically you enter in the SMTP server, port number, accounts and so forth. Second, if you handy with Telnet SMTP commands, try sending mail from telnet on the server. I have it working in allot of site, work well, almost too well

Good site for Telnet SMPT commands:

http://www.yuki-onna.co.uk/email/smtp.html

yes tried that already and it sends mail, i am definate that the smtp relay server works, thats why im stummped. The service AvGaenSvr is running with all the proper credentials too.

well, not real sure what to suggest with respect to your difficulties with the ENU here, however the trigger engine it's build on is a little shakey which is why my team is in the process of generating an entirely new error notification application that'll be much nicer to use and is built on a much more solid and reliable trigger monitoring system. This is going to be released with 4.0(3) however it'll work on systems back to 3.1(1) and will be availble for download and install off www.CiscoUnityTools.com. It'll install seperately from the existing ENU although we see it as a replacement for the ENU in 4.0(3) and later.

We hope to have a version folks can kick the tires on in a matter of a few weeks - if you want to take a look early, ping me at lindborg@cisco.com - we'd love to find folks who want to take a look and give us feedback.

during the install of Unity, SMTP service get installed local, can i try to use it as my relay server, i tried and it wont let me relay (when telnet to 25 it tells me relay denied.) But when i goto IIS to configure SMTP to allow relaying I cant even find the object to manage SMTP at all. Also is there any logs i can check to see if the server is even attemoting to send mail ?

also noticed

Source: AvCsServices_MC

Category: Warning

Event ID: 1077

Gateway FindCsComponents failed [DM|Unity_Servername,0x80070005]

(caller is denied access)

in the app event log, does this mean anything in relation to the notification problem im having, also from reading around, i thought id mention we deleted the axample administrator by following the correct instructions. Not sure if it pertains , but younever know.

Thanks again,

Tom..