Unity - Octel Key Mapping

calmichael
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that has asked us about the ability to use the

Octel style key mapping in a Unity 3.x environment to avoid retraining

a Octel oriented user community.

I have read about this ability being able to be enabled via a registry

modification (either manual or via the advanced settings tool).

If I make this modification, will the default system prompts still work

with no modification necessary?

Or if it does, is their a listing of what default system prompts are

affected?

--- Thanks ---

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you're asking here... if you set the optional conversation 1 to be acive, it's a system wide change and all subscribers will hear the different menu prompts - the prompts aren't over written or anything, just a different set of prompts is used while that feature is active... but the important thing to note is it's changed for everyone across the boards.

Is this what you were getting at?

Yep!

Until we did this today, I did not realize that Unity came with the

Octel style menu prompts at all.

If they weren't there, that's why the question rambled on about

what prompts are affected. . .

Thanks

Did you find out how to change the key mapping of the Unity Prompts. We have some Nortel users who are interested in different mapping than standard unity mapping.

Ashok

FYI-

To Activate Optional Conversation 1

Step 1 On the Cisco Unity server desktop, double-click the Cisco Unity Tools Depot icon.

Step 2 In the left pane, under Administrative Tools, double-click Advanced Settings Tool.

Step 3 In the Unity Settings pane, click Set Key Mappings for the Message Retrieval Conversation.

Step 4 In the New Value box, enter <>\CommServer\Support\OptConv1.ini (where <> is the directory in which Cisco Unity is installed), then click Set.

Step 5 When prompted, click OK.

Step 6 Click Exit.

Step 7 Exit and restart the Cisco Unity software for the registry change to take effect.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/cnv1_315.htm#37872