cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity on a Compaq?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Guys, can unity run on a Compaq.<br>I have a client who is exclusively running Compaq's and they want to run Unity on one.<br>I know that Repartee was less than happy to run on Compaq so i am wondering about Unity?<br><br>Any suggestions greatly appreciated.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

We have several resellers and one of our partners that ship exclusively on Compaq machines.

I’ve only heard two reports of problems. One was the ability to read the dongle (security key) on the parallel port. Check out the IP forum for a couple of recent posts from folks that found solutions to that issue on some boxes.

The other was a very strange issue where at boot up it was complaining that there was no floppy in the drive (?). We’ve seen that on two systems, both dual processors. One site reinstalled their system from the ground up and it went away, I think the other stuck a floppy in the drive and changed the BIOS to not boot from floppy (ouch!). I have no snappy theories for what could be going on there at all…

We have a number of Compaq systems in the lab we use as part of our normal installation/upgrade testing, but there’s a lot of different models of Compaqs out there… Hard to give you a blanket endorsement across the boards, but I don’t know of any reason why it wouldn’t be workable.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Jeff-
We had this same occurance just happen on a new Compaq DL380. We are having a new floppy sent out. We are using 3.0., Win2k Advanced, with Exc 2k. Any other occurances like this that you know of?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: