Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Unity on Compaq DL360

I am installing active voice (2.4.6) on a new Compaq Proliant DL360,<br>W2K(sp1), 1G RAM. The DL360 did not come with a parallel port, so I<br>added a SIIG PCI parallel port adapter. In the BIOS, I can assign an IRQ<br>to the PCI Port, but not the card. I have assigned IRQ 7, DMA 3. When<br>the computer is one, I can print to the port, and it is seen by Windows<br>in WinMSD. However, Windows does not believe that IRQ 7 is assigned.<br>Therefore, the ActiveVoice does not see the dongle. I have read your<br>posts that point to version P17 of the BIOS for a DL380. What BIOS<br>revision should I use for a DL360? Any help you can give is appreciated.<br>Ross Rehart<br>rehartr@quadrep.com<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Unity on Compaq DL360

I had this same problem last week w/ a Compaq!
You need to go into the Device Mgr in Win2K.
Set the LPT Port to "Use any interrupt assigned to port"
Reboot the system & try the Unity Install.

Chris

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I tried that. It would only assign an IRQ of 21 to the port, and would not assign the correct I/O (288 v. 378). According to MS Technet, an IRQ cannot be assigned in the OS by design. My solution was to go to a DL380 vs. DL360 and use the NT 4.0 install. It worked like a charm the first time I tried it.

Anonymous
N/A

I had a similar experience with a DL360. I couldn't get it to work with W2K. I finally gave in and got a Dell PowerEdge server (doesn't fit in the rack very well). I also tried (unsuccessfully) to install on a Compaq ML350 and had the same problem with IRQ 7.

Community Member

In the Device Manager go to ports, and lpt1 (I assume it sees that). Then right click and go to properties. On the port settings page check the box that says "Enable Legacy plug and play detection".

This is required for other devices like backpack CD-roms and some IOMega devices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content