cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Opening Greeting problem

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br> I have Unity 2.4.6 build 102, CM 3.1.1 and TSP 3.0.3. In Opening Greeting Call Transfer, I set up the "#" key to "Skip Greeting" in order for the PSTN callers to enter "#" and extensions to reach subscribers. Problem is: sometimes callers to reach subscribers following the instructions but other times they receive message "Unrecognized number entry". In PSTN gateway config for dial-peer voip, I have statement "dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric." Am I missing something ? Thanks for all help.<br><br>Duc Vu<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

I think you may be going about this wrong... setting # to skip greeting means that as soon as someone hits # while that greeting is playing, the system will take the after greeting action immediately (i.e. instead of waiting for the greeting to finish playing). Typically in the case of the opening greeting this will be to send the caller to the opening greeting or the example interview handler (depending on if it's day or night schedules that are active).

What you want to do is have them dial the extension during the greeting. There should be no need to hit # at all unless you want them to be able to skip the transfer attempt to the subscriber's extension in which case you'd dial the extension then #2 all as one number (i.e. "1189#2"). Hitting # first will cause you problems since it'll be in the middle of transfering the call somewhere else at the time users are entering the extension they want and it's likely dropping a digit.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Now even I instruct PSTN callers to enter the extensions during the Opening Greeting, without "#", they still get system message "Sorry I did not recognize that as a valid entry." Case has been opened with TAC but without resolution. Please help. Thank you very much.