cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Operator

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

For some reason I cannot get the Unity Operator to answer. I set the operator to ring at ext 8501, but Unity keeps saying "sorry the operator is not availible".

No mater what I do I cannot get the operator to ring on an extension.

3 Replies 3

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure the Operator Handler is programmed to transfer to the desired extension (Set Alternate transfer to Enabled and use that to rule out schedules) and that the Unity ports are able to call that partition or DN.

If she says "Hold on while I try that extension" but then goes to Operator vmail, that means Call Manager doesn't permit that transfer, probably because of calling search space or partition arrangement.

Also make sure the handler you dial zero from doesn't have 0 mapped to 'send to greeting for' Operator. It should be 'attempt transfer for'.

Thank you Very much. I had the standard greeting transfering, but I did not know what the Alternate greeting was. I set the Alternate to transfer and it worked perfectly!

The Alternate transfer/greeting is used to override the Standard/Closed ones, since Standard/Closed are depending on a schedule to determine which one to use. Alternate, when enabled, is 'always on'. This is why it's useful for troubleshooting.