Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity OS V.S. CCM

Hello Guys,

Is there any difference between the OS and Patches for Unity and CallManager? Can I use the CCM CD to install the OS in Unity?

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The h/w detection disks for CM wont work on the Unity platform. But you can use a regular (licensed) copy of windows on your Unity server.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I just used the CCM CD to install OS in the Unity. As I see, the OS is installed now. Does it mean it worked? Won't it complain when I install the Unity application?

Thanks,

If you have already installed the OS, you just need to make sure that service packs on the OS are atleast SP4 (for most newer versions of Unity) and you should be good to go. You can either use Cisco OS patches (2000.2.x, 2000.4.x) or you can download them off Microsoft's website. Unity doesnt scream with a mad fit, if you download updates from MS website.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks,

Is there any BAT files for Unity as there's for CCM? If so, Could please point me to a step by step document allowing me to import users in bulk?

Thanks,

Yes there is. You should use Bulk Import Exchange tool from Unity Tools Depot (or if you dont find it there, you can find it in Commserver folder). Before using this tool, open Tools Depot and click on the left hand side tab, on Bulk Import Exchange. The right hand side pane should show step by step instructions for importing users in bulk. For example, to import users with first name, last name, alias and extension you can use the format for your CSV file.

LAST_NAME, FIRST_NAME,DTMF_ACCESS_ID, ALIAS

Again please refer to the help available in Tools depot for exact formats.

HTH

Sankar

PS: Please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks Sankar,

Would it be possible to import users from Unity 4.0 to 4.2 using the Bulk Import Echange tool?

Thanks again,

I assume you are doing a DIRT backup from your old 4.0, install a new 4.0 system, restore from DIRT and then upgrade to 4.2. This way your user database will be intact.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

I am installing a brand new 4.2 Unity from scratch. What's the easiest way to import users?

Thanks,

wong.jason
Level 1
Level 1

No. You cannot use the CCM OS CD to install the OS for Unity. The permission and settings of the CCM OS will not allow Unity to install properly or function properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: