Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity outdial/transfer options

We are gradually migrating a customer to Unity.. they have need to enable Unity to outdial or attempt transfer (when using the directory handler) for users who are not yet subscribers. They want to make sure that the directory handler can transfer out to any extension in the company, even when the majority of extensions are not yet in the system.

What is the best way to make this happen? Talking to someone once from the BU, they mentioned that functionality was in the works that would allow Unity to store additional call or route entries that could be attempted when the subscriber wasn't known to the system. I forget the acronym but this is a feature that several other systems implement today. I've been able to get it to work by importing lots of dummy Internet subscribers of course, but (1) that's messy, (2) those users can be addressed when composing messages [even though delivery fails], and (3) eventually these will be "real" subscribers. is there a better way? Or is Internet subscriber the best way to go?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity outdial/transfer options

Internet subscribers are your only option here - there is no "Free dial" or "system transfer" option that lets you transfer to any number you want in Unity, everything needs to correspond to an object.

Further, even if there were a system dial/free dial that wouldn't help folks find these people in the directory handler by name - the only way for that to happen is to have an entry in the directory (i.e. either a full subscriber or internet subscriber) such that they can be found.

any easy way to avoid the Internet subscribers from being addressable

Cisco Employee

By subscribers?

Do you still want folks to find these users by name in the directory handler? If so you're kinda stuck since if outside callers can find them by name so can subscribers in the message addressing conversation.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content