Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Permanently Deleting Voicemail Through Outlook

1. COS is configured to permanently delete VM.

2. Using the Phone, you press 3 to delete the VM message and the VM message in your outlook client gets deleted. It doesn't get copied in the deleted items folder.

Is there something I can do (for my outlook to behave the same) so that when I delete the VM message using outlook (not by phone TUI but by outlook by pressing the delete key on my keyboard), it doesn't get moved into the deleted items folder? I want it deleted permanently (and does not affect emails - I want emails to still be copied in the deleted items folder upon deletion).

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Permanently Deleting Voicemail Through Outlook

Unity does not get involved with messages deleted via Outlook. I believe you can use the combination of SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete a mail message in Outlook. You can use this combo for voicemails.

HTH,

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I wish I can replicate how Unity deletes voicemail messages over the phone...

Cisco Employee

If your goal is to help keep mailbox sizes down by cleaning out vmail from the deleted items folder then you might check out Message Store Manager. You could, for example, configure a daily task that'll walk through the mailboxes and remove vmail from everyones deleted items folder. There are many other options available here too. Have a look at this tool and hopefully it'll help meet your needs.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

-Eric

Thanks but we're doing this for "strict compliance". Once VM has been deleted, we cannot retain anything deleted.

Views
Helpful
Replies