cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY plais "fail-safe" conversation after language change

pambosch
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 3.1(5) which was working fine with US English language. After I loaded the UK English language and set that as default, the UNITY system plays the "fail-safe" conversation ("Sorry, this system is unable to complete your call at this time") when someone tries to log-on to the system.

Any hints on that problem?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So did you replace US English (i.e. the system only has on language licensed) or did you add UK English as a 2nd available language?

the first thing to check is to be sure the retry default language flag is set:

HKLM\ SOFTWARE\ Active Voice\ CDE\1.0\”RetryDefaultLanguage”

The RetryDefaultLanguage should be a DWORD and set it to 1… this will force Unity to retry the phrase using the default fallback language even if the language the user is set to is not loaded. In this case the default language would be US English most likely which is likely not what you want but it'll at least get us past the failsafe.

Also, you can get the latest version of dbWalker and it should check language assingment for all handlers and subscirbers. The latest version of dbWalker can check all the handlers and subscribers for you and if anyone is assigned to a language not on the currently licensed list (different from the current installed list) it'll throw an error up and offer to switch over to a selected language automatically.

If you've replaced US English as the language then you'll want to use BulkEdit to make sure all the subscribers and call handlers are configured to use UK English. You can also make sure the default language is configured for UK English instead of US English here...