Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity ports 1-4 are hung.

I have Unity 3.1.3. Some users started getting dead air when they made calls. Upon looking at the port monitor, any call going on port 1-4 would get dead air instead of hearing the greeting. The workaround was to forward the ports in CallManager so it would go to port 5 and above. There are 56 ports and are all configured the same way. The ports were unforwarded and tested by calling the DN of that port. Now, the call still gets forwarded to port 5 and above, plus, a tftp error occurs (one is shown below) in the event log of the CallManager every time a call is made to the port DN. The ports are not disabled. Anyone know what's going on? And are there any traces in Unity that I can turn on and look in to this?

This unforward unity port 4 and refreshing 1 of 3

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco Tftp

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 6/16/2003

Time: 6:27:27 AM

User: N/A

Computer: MSC-CLSTR1A

Description:

Error: kConfigThreadCNDelDeviceFileDeleteFailed - Deletion of file for the deleted device from system failure.

FileName: c:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPpath\CiscoUM1-VI4.cnf.xml

App ID: Cisco Tftp

Cluster ID: MSC-CLSTR1A-Cluster

Node ID: 10.100.70.11

Explanation: File for the deleted device could not be deleted from system.

Recommended Action: This is a Windows system call that failed, so ensure that you are using recommended Windows configuration. Start and stop the TFTP service because the file that it is trying to delete might be in use. If you still get this error, collect TFTP service traces and contact TAC..

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity ports 1-4 are hung.

I'm not sure about the event log from CallManager, but for the port locks, you can try this link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094b7d.shtml

If that doesn't help out, I'd probably give TAC a ring. Port locks are a difficult thing to work out on the forum. Often large trace files need to be analyzed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content