cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity ports and dual integrations

bjenders
Level 1
Level 1

When integrating Unity with two Callmanager clusters, does Unity need two sets of ports? Or, do you need to create 50% of the ports on Cluster1 and 50% on cluster2?

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll assume that you have one callmanager cluster configured already in Unity. If you did, then decide on how many ports you want to dedicate to each callmanager cluster. If one cluster has 75% off all the calls, it would make sense to spilt the unity vm ports to a ratio of 75/25.

In \commserver\Utilities\Utim\UTIM.exe, if one cluster already exists with all the ports, then highlight the ports on the ports-tab page, and click on REMOVE PORTS.

Then right-click on the callmanager integration, and select New Cluster. You would then enter the new ccm-cluster's ip address. For the ports, you can have the same name as the first ccm-cluster but I think for you own sanity, you might want to give it a different name (the name has to match the vm ports on the 2nd ccm cluster).

I think to answer your question, if the calls are equal for both ccm clusters, the create one cluster with 50% of the ports, and then create a second cluster with tht other 50%.

The part I am not clear about is what you mean by two sets of ports.

You have another option to use Intercluster Trunk to deliver the voicemail to the other CallManager. This way you do not limit the number of UNity ports for the CallManager, and you simply share it as needed. You would need to however still create the integration with at least 1 port for MWI.

Chris