cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Ports registering to Call Manager using odd IP address

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I have a 3.2.2c Call Manager and a new Unity 4.0(2) voicemail. I have 20 ports registered with Call Manager, however, they register with a 169.x.x.x IP addresses - not the 10.1.18.17 adrress which is actually the Unity.

I can dial into Unity and can hear prompts, however, any messages that I leave from an IP Phone are blank.

I did disable the DHCP client on the Unity - not sure why it was ever enabled.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity gets its IP address for registration via WinSock, so I'd assume that's the address that it's getting from WinSock. WinSock is just a Windows API that lets applications like the AvSkinnyTSP work IP easier.

Are there multiple NICs in the Unity server by chance?

We'd be able to determine what Unity is getting for its IP address by setting TSP traces( just set them all except for keepalives) and letting it go through the registration process.

If you go the trace route, send those to oliviers@cisco.com, they'll be too much to post here.

CCampbell_2
Level 1
Level 1

169.254.x.x is the Universal PNP IP Address range, Windows98 and above machines get when the NIC can't see it's DHCP server. Steve is right, you most probably have a second unconfigured NIC. Disable the unused NIC and it should clear up.

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I disabled the 2nd NIC, then had to delete and redefine the IP Ports. Call Manager now shows the correct IP address for the VM ports and audio is working in both directions. Thanks.