cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity ports usage

shane
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 3.1.5 8 port 100 user with Call manager 3.2.2spE. When I look at call viewer on Unity the port ID on calls that hit Unity always starts at 4 and continue with 5,6,7,8. On several occasions my ports fill up and users cannot access voicemail. Is there anything I can look at why 1,2,3, ports are not beeing used?

I thought it might of been a calling search space issues but I have looked at my settings on VM ports on call manager and all settings are identical.

Any ideas

9 Replies 9

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

make sure there's no call forward all or something configured on the first port. They should have the same partition/calling search space.

When you call into voicemail, what phone number does it reach? Is that phone number the first port? If not, then you'll have to look at the callmanager configiuration and possibly traces as to why it's not going to the first port. Some possible causes...the first 4 ports aren't registered; there is forwarding (call forward all) set; some ports are in a different partition; etc.

All ports have identical search spaces and partitions. All ports say registered in call manager. No ports say call forward all. 5000 is my Voicemail DN. when you hit the messages button or dial 5000 it automatically goes to 5003 which has trunk ID of 4. Any ideas??

Can you call ports 1-3 directly and see if they answer?

If I dial my voicemail DN or 2nd or 3rd DN it automtically transfes me to the 4th DN.

If you open up the HTML status monitor from the Unity tray icon, does it show ports 1-3 in use?

All 8 ports say Idle

k.mohl
Level 1
Level 1

The ports are in a hung state, still showing idle. If a reset of the individual ports will not release the ports then a reboot of the Unity server will release all hung ports. A bug has been noted with Cisco. This worked for us.

What was that bud ID? I have a similar issue.

not sure? I never really found out. I ended up getting the latest TSP installed that was compatible with the version of unity that I am running. I did find some bug ID's about unity port lockups if you are running G.729 codec.