Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity problem

Cutomer is using Unity server as the messaging system which is integrated with NEC PBX. Recently, some users report, when outside caller trying to leave message to an extension, he got" please enter your ID" instead of the personal greet or "please leave your messgae after the tone". It looks like Unity receive a "*" sign at this point. I think the call has been transferred to extension properly, so there should be no problem with the PBX DTMF receivers and MCI/SMDI integration, since it doesn't interact with the basic call setting up.

No finding in the unity log. The next step I am going to set up the micro trace, hope can find something. Have you met this problem before?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Unity problem

Hello -

Although my integration experience is with Cisco CallManager and both Unity 3.1(5) and 4.0(3), by default caller input is enabled on Unity's Opening Greeting. If an outside caller hits the * key, he or she will be redirected to Signin. Could this same key be enabled for one or more of your subscribers? Check the Greetings section of your subscriber and see if #1) caller input is allowed during the greeting, and then check #2) Caller Input to see if the * goes to Signin. If your subscriber templates were based on the Example Subscriber, the default * goes to Signin. We changed our templates to have the * go to our Directory handler instead.

Regards,

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.