Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity_??? Profile, Unity Account, 3.02 in forest

<br>I am running a test bed to replicate what we are going to have to go to soon. In our w2k structure we are in a tree in a forest, a totally different domain. Our Unity account will not be Enterprise Admin.<br><br>I installed Unity 3.0(2) fine, except when I get to Step 13 in the Diretory Connection / Exchange 2000 (page 2-51 in the Unity 3.01 install guide - 3.02 guide had not come out yet).<br><br>I am logged on as the unity account that I created and gave the correct permissions to. This is not an Enterprise Admin account, but has all the required Unity rights there unto pertaining. It stops the services and then tries to restart them. It failes on a couple, specifically AvCsMgr.<br><br>When I try to manually start this it triggers an error. When I look at the App event log, it tells me that the doh was unable to logon to the Exchange server (which is on another server). When I check the x2k server, it tells me something to the effect that there was an attempt to open the Unity_<server name> profile and that it does not have a SID, and would I be a nice boy and create it using Active Directory.<br><br>I had already created an Exchange profile for the account that I had created manually, and so my solution was to hack the registry, and replace the references in the Unity profile to a mailbox for Unity_<server name> to the unity account that I had created. I then set AvCsGateway, AvCsMgr, AvGaenSvr, AvRepDirSvrSvc, and AvUMRSyncSvr to use the unity account that I had created. Note that this is not on an x2k cluster.<br><br>It appears to be working, but this (obviously) concerns me. Did I miss something in the step by step instructions? Is this a known issue with 3.02 in a forest with an account that is not Enterprise Admin?<br><br>One other note - it did create the Unity_<server name> account, but it was disabled. It did not create a mailbox for that account. I did not install Outlook on the Unity box.<br><br>One the plus side, it is beautiful outside and we have gotten some rain.<br><br>thanks,<br>m<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity_??? Profile, Unity Account, 3.02 in forest

Anybody have any thoughts on this one?

thanks
m

Views
Helpful
Replies