Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity prompts in different language

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

My customer is interested in buying Unity but they need at least Hebrew prompts for it. We have been told by local Cisco SE to tell customer to get used to english prompts.....As you understand nobody will buy a system like that. Any idea what is the percentage of prompts that might be re-recorded by ourselves and what is the right way to add hebrew or any other not yet supported language ?

thanks,

Marina

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity supports numerous languages for the phone interface, however Hebrew is not one of them at this time. Here's the full list of localizations offered for Unity 3.1:

Australian English (Includes localized prompts {TUI} - only)

Colombian Spanish (Includes localized prompts {TUI} - only)

Dutch (Includes localized prompts {TUI} - only)

European Spanish (Includes localized prompts {TUI} - only)

French (Includes localized prompts {TUI}, System Administrator, ActiveAssistant {GUI}, and Documents)

German (Includes localized prompts {TUI}, System Administrator, ActiveAssistant {GUI}, and Documents)

Italian (Includes localized prompts {TUI} - only)

Japanese (Includes localized prompts {TUI}, System Administrator, ActiveAssistant {GUI}, and Documents

Mainland Mandarin Chinese (Includes localized prompts {TUI} - only)

New Zealand English (Includes localized prompts {TUI}, System Administrator, ActiveAssistant {GUI}, and Full Documents)

Norwegian (Includes localized prompts {TUI} - only)

Swedish (Includes localized prompts {TUI} - only)

UK English (Includes localized prompts {TUI}, System Administrator, ActiveAssistant {GUI}, and Full Documents)

US English (Includes localized prompts {TUI}, System Administrator, ActiveAssistant {GUI}, and Full Documents)

It's not as simple as just rerecording the prompt sets in another language to add a new one- you need to make code changes in the phrase servers which dictate how each individual phrase is constructed in different languages. You'll need to ask your account team to put a request in for Hebrew and get it on deck. It's not cheap to add a new language, so a business case will need to be constructed and all that good stuff that us engineering types don't deal with.

Thanks,

Our account team offered us to integrate unity with ip-ivr 3.02 which does support hebrew....Can you imagine this happening ?:)

I'm not quite sure what they have in mind here so I can't really speculate - I can't see how that would help the subscriber conversations and the like, though.

Neither can i.....

thanks again for your help!

Actually we have added a few languages, their are now 18 telephone languages available with Cisco Unity 3.1(5).

ENU - US ENGLISH

ENG - UK ENGLISH

ENA - AU ENGLISH

ENZ - NZ ENGLISH

DEU - GERMAN

NOR - NORWEGIAN

NLD - DUTCH

FRA - FRENCH

SVE - SWEDEN

ITA - ITALIAN

JPN - JAPANESE

CHS - CHINESE

CHT - CHINESE

KOR - KOREAN

ESP - SPANISH

ESO - COLUMBIAN SPANISH

PTB - BRAZILLIAN PORTUGUESE

DAN - DANISH (On Special Request for 3.1.5)