Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Prompts too Low

Unity 4.0(3) on MCS 7835

Using PBX-Link 48 and Dialogic HD-PCI D/120JCT-LS-Rev 2 (12 port)

Connected to Avaya Definity Switch

Everything works great, including reply/forward to subscribers other Unity servers, but the Prompt volume is too low. Recordings sound fine, but we are getting complaints about the system prompt volumes. Is there a way to boost just these?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Prompts too Low

There is a new version of the Set Volume utility available that will allow you to set all prompt volume levels. Run the tool with the “/SetPrompts” command line option.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_SetVolume.htm

If you want to experiment with some different levels I recommend making a backup of the original prompts. Once you've found a level you're happy with, start over with a fresh copy of the original prompts and set to that level in a single iteration of the tool. This will minimize any potential distortion.

-Eric

Cisco Employee

Actually, a better method of testing it out is to copy a prompt into the \commserver\streamfiles\ directory, run the Set Volume tool as normal and just select that one file to change - changing ALL the prompts takes quite a bit of time (there are a lot of them) and hammers the CPU pretty good - it's a little easier to do it this way and find a level you like and _then_ go ahead and change them all.

Sounds good. When I run with the /SetPrompts switch, the Set Volume program does not look any different. The same files are listed. How can I tell the difference between the recorded prompts and the system prompts?

Cisco Employee

The option to set prompt volume is tucked under the file menu - I don't show all the prompts in the grid as I do for voice names and greetings - it just plows through them all.

Thanks. That worked perfectly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content