cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Questions

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

<br>We are running NEC NEAXmail AD-120 (a rebadged version of Unity). We have been having a problem in that users extensions with in the Web administrator have been going blank. The users have setup their voicemail and have been using it then all of a sudden it seems they cannot get any voicemail messages (ie. they just get the main greeting). When we try to put in an extension and save it, it tells us that the extension cannot be left blank and just takes us back to the subscriber profile screen and blanks out the extension we just entered. We have made sure that the extension is not in use by something else in the voicemail system but to no avail. Previously to this happening we have had to have ActiveVoice dial into our server and use the DOH utility to fix this. Is there an alternative to this ??? The current version of our software is 2.4 builde 2.4.5.73.<br><br>Another problem we are seeing is that we seem to have ports "locking" up (ie. the web administrator status monitor shows use that ports have been in use for like 330 minutes). It seems that if we reset port 12 (we have a 12 port system) that all of the ports will reset and the system will be fine. If i look again an hour or so later I will see ports with minutes that exceed 60 in a 1 hour time limit. Is this a known problem ?? Any help would be appreciated.<br><br>One final question. We seem to having problems finding out from NEC if/when and how we get the upgrade to version 2.4.6. Can anyone shed some light on this for me.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br><br>Kevin Smith<br>West Edmonton Mall - Systems<br>Suite 3000, 8882 - 170 Street<br>Edmonton, Alberta, Canada<br>T5T 4M2<br>Office: 780-444-5390<br>Fax: 780-444-5372<br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

We are having the same problem on our site as well. Same version 2.4.5.73 We have 14 ports and the system will lockup 4 of them at a time. They will normally get hung on the "Subscriber Sign in" and stay that way until they are manually reset.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the response. We are currently working with Cisco directly on trying to solve this problem. Their first suggestion was to upgrade to 2.4.6.102 and see if that has solved the problem. We have since then done that but it seems that the problem has gotten worse as well as we now seem to have stuttering problems as well as cut off voicemail messages and hang-up while subscribers listen to their messages.

We have been able to have a set of traps run and actually were capturing data when a lockup has occurred. That data was sent to Cisco for analysis and we are having a conference call with them tomorrow to discuss some initial findings. Let me know how to keep you up-to-date and if you can do the same from your end it would be much appreciated.

Kevin Smith
Technical Analyst – West Edmonton Mall Properties
Email: ksmith@westedmontonmall.com
Office: 780-444-5390
Cell: 780-699-2182