cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity randomly unavailable -- going bonkers

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Greetings;<br><br>I just installed 3.1.3. The third time. The first two times I installed the softare, unity would take a few messages, and then, when it was time to record a message, it would say the system is unavailable.<br><br>Fortunately, I found something in the server log that happens simultaneously. I get the following two errors:<br><br>CreateSubscriberMsg returned a NULL pointer on line 4621 of file e:\views\Unity3.1.2.41\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp <br><br>Running conversation PHGreeting on Port 1 <br><br>IAvDohMailUser::Get(AVP_MAIL_SERVER) returned [0x8004010f] on line 4866 of file e:\views\Unity3.1.2.41\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp <br><br>Running conversation PHGreeting on Port 1 <br><br>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this problem is getting frustrating.<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Looks like you have something really funky-town with your configuration and/or the previous system wasn't properly uninstalled and/or your Exchange servers external to us are having problems.

Short story is Unity is going to find the Exchange server the user is homed on and we're being told the property is empty or the server is not found.

How, exactly, are you deploying this sytem?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Hi Jeff, thank you so very much for your response.

I did a fresh install. Windows 2000, MQSL 2000, Exchange 2000, all on one box. Did the AD schema bit as well as other things. Funny thing is that I went down to the office and everything worked fine...for about five voice mails. It just went down again.

The tech on the case I opened thought that since I installed MSQL 2000 instead of MSDE (I have 8 ports) that might be breaking something. From what I understand that's just a licensing issue.

Thanks,
Chris

Not applicable

yeah, that's a non-starter... full SQL vs. MSDE has got jack to do with this.

The business where it works for a while and then stops tells me this has something to do with AD and/or a rights issue. It'll work until we synch with AD or the global catalog or something along those lines... we synch with objects in AD about every 2 minutes and with the global cataglog about every 15 minutes (adjustable in the registry). How long does the system work? Would 15 minutes be a big enough window for what you're seeing?

It might be interesting to crank up the synch times on these to 30 minutes or something and verify if this is where the problem lies or not... I have no snappy theory for what the problem would be, exactly, but the timing issue leaves only a few suspects on the table.

The AD synch time is set in HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchAD\1.00. There's a propery there called "Synchronization Interval (in minutes)" and it's set to 2 by default. Try cranking this up to 60 and see if your window increases so we can at least pinpoint the problem area.

The global catalog synch time is in HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\dirSynchGlobalCatalog\1.00. There's a property named the same as above and it's set to 15 by default. Try cranking this up to 60 to see if your window expands.

You'll need to restart Unity for these to take effect

It'd be nice to see which one of these is causing the problem (assuming I'm on the right track) so try putting small values in for one or the other to narrow the problem down as much as possible...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff, I'm going to rebuild now. I don't know if I mentioned this earlier but I did not run the domainprep and forestprep, only the forestprep.

Not applicable

Well, I reinstalled Unity and was able to make one voice mail call. I followed the install absolutely by the book. Now I am looking at the same errors again. Any advise would be appreciated.

Not applicable

Our good friend Pradeep Musugu forwarded me a dll file that resolves bug CSCdx03853. Now I can leave a message again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: