cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Record and Playback buttons greyed out.

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.1.4

TSP 6.02

W2K

Exchange 5.5

IE version 6.026

Customer is trying to do remote administration from their desktop via IE 6. You are able to authenticate perfectly fine. When you click on the subscriber’s link you get the standard secondary prompt to re-enter user name and password. I re-enter the username, password and domain and select OK. Usually it authenticates and you’re good to go. The problem that I am having is that after you enter the login info, IE just sits there and does nothing.

Oh by the way you may want to know.....yes they have a proxy server, yes the Unity server is in it's own domain (Novell shop). I have tried the following:

1. Change security settings for manual authentication.

2. Disabled the proxy server in IE (still no good)

3. I know there is nothing wrong with the Unity account that I am using because it's not locked etc.

Don’t know what else to look for.

Help!

2 Replies 2

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Your Windows Domain Account [UNITY0\unity] is associated with multiple Unity Subscribers.

Please select the subscriber as whom you wish to sign in.

Unity Installer Account-DLIUNITY01

Unity Unity DLIUNITY001.

So of course I looked for duplicate NT Account being associated to an Excahnge Mail box and Nothing. Even exported to a csv and did a search that way.

One thing to note is that when I migrated them from 2.46 VMO to 3.14 VMO I exported from one server and Imported to a new server platform.

sounds like someone abused the GrantUnityAccess tool somewhere along the line and created an entry in the SIDHistory table - normally this is used such that a non subscriber can have admin access to a Unity box (i.e. for a help desk applicaiton where multiple Unity boxes are installed).

Run the GrantUnityAccess with the -L option and it should list all the associations... you can remove the offending one (i.e. the one that links the UNITY0\unity account to the installer account) if there's one there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: