Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity SA Web permissions

We are running multiple versions of Unity with Exchange 5.5 with multiply sites within the organisation.

Is there a way I can provide access to the remote SA webs for my helpdesk staff without creating a user for them in each exchange site and adding them to Unity as a subscriber?

I don't want to waste subscriber licenses for the remote sites, and was wondering if multiple NT accounts can be allocated to the admin account for SA web.

Although I can use terminal services on each helpdesk machine I would prefer to just use the machines web browser.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity SA Web permissions

Assuming you're using a 3.1.x version of Unity or later, you can use the "grantUnityAccess" tool to add a map for the help desk folks' NT credentials to the special built in "installers" account on a Unity box such that they can get into the SA for that Unity box without having to be a subscriber. You'll find the tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop.

Here's a thread that goes into some of the details on how to do this on a larger scale:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee88adf/0#selected_message

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're using a 3.1.x version of Unity or later, you can use the "grantUnityAccess" tool to add a map for the help desk folks' NT credentials to the special built in "installers" account on a Unity box such that they can get into the SA for that Unity box without having to be a subscriber. You'll find the tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop.

Here's a thread that goes into some of the details on how to do this on a larger scale:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee88adf/0#selected_message

Jeff

Thanks for this. Just what I was looking for and works a treat.

Regards

D

Views
Helpful
Replies