cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity schedules

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm installing Central Call Processing module with CallManagers, Unity in San Jose (SJ). One remote office is in Dallas (DAL). Calls come in from SJ PSTN are greeted with Opening Greeting depends upon the business hours (8a-5p PST) which I know how to set up. Question is for PSTN calls come in at Dallas, which is 2 hours different, how do I set up a greeting for that site ? I understand that there is only one Opening Greeting Call handler per Unity system. Thanks for reply.<br>Duc Vu<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

If you have something that can be used to qualify incoming calls from DAL, such as DNIS or DID forwarding, you can create a call handler to route to. Also create a custom schedule for this handler which is two hours offset from local time, and record your Dallas greeting.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

This is what I'm confusing about: they have DID block in Dallas, say 972 245 3000, so PSTN calls come in and Opening Greeting will greet them but there is only on Opening Greeting for the entire Unity system which is being used by San Jose HQ. What call handler should I create for Dallas Opening greeting ? and how can I route the DID to this call handler ? I hope you understnd my questions. Thank you very much for help.
Duc Vu

Not applicable

If you're getting Dialed Number Identification (DNIS) you can create a rule to route on DNIS to a call handler you create. You can see if you're getting something Unity can use by looking at the Integration Monitor & Call Viewer tools.

If not, you can bounce your DID off a phantom extension in the phone system, create a call handler to match this extension, and go from there. It's very easy when the call shows up with forwarding info from an extension, we can treat it just like a forwarded subscriber phone.

Both of these methods are commonly used in shared tenant systems and companies with multiple departments or locations.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Hi Scott,

Sorry for my slow learning curve, how do I create a call handler to match an extension ? Thanks for your patience.

Duc Vu

Not applicable

Much like a subscriber, you can assign an extension to a call handler on the profile page for that handler. Unity will direct forwarded calls for that extension to the matching subscriber or call handler. The only difference is that for subscribers the extension is mandatory and for call handlers it's optional.

In reply to:

Sorry for my slow learning curve, how do I create a call handler to match an extension ?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: