Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Server 3.1(5) - Multiple message stores

Hi guys,

I have seen some threads on this but the ambiguity of the documentation has left me slightly confused as well :)

Let me explain my situation. Our sysadmins want to create a new message store for our backoffice users. This new message store will be on the existing Exchange server. They will still log on to the same domain etc. ( i.e nothing will change in AD) but they will have different e-mail addresses (different domain name). From what I can see, Unity can support this. What I want to know is if this works for version 3.1(5). The documentation seems to mention only version 4.0. Also, are there known to be any special issues when performing this sort of migration?

Any response will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ade

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity Server 3.1(5) - Multiple message stores

Yeah it will work--no problem. No need to reboot Unity or anything.

Thanks.

Could you direct me to where I can find detailed config. info or is it really as simple as plug and play?

Regards,

Ade

Gold

Unity will automatically learn of the new store and user moves from the directory so there are no configuration changes required.

Keith

Thanks Keith,

Will this be automatic if the message stors is in a different storage or administration group as well?

Views
Helpful
Replies