Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Server running out of space

I am experiencing low free space on my Unity Server version 3.1 which has a 8GB C: partition with 33MB free, after investingating I found 4.5GB in my MDBDATA folder with 830 files most of which are "E0000xxxx.log files" all seem to be >5MB, one in perticular the EDB file is >144MB, is there a way to safely clean up this folder so that I can aquire more free space, what do you reccomend.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Unity Server running out of space

I think you can move those logs to some safe place and free up some space. You could also try Exchange Optimizer to claim some space.

I used a proceedure to move my Data files to D: which seemed to move all 4GB of files ok but the next day I noticed my space on C: was low again and space on D: was high, I though this to be incorrect so I rebooted my Server and noticed every thing went back to where it was when I first moved the files, is there some thing I missed in the move, I noticed the Data Base files were still pointing to C:.

I used Exchange System Manager to accomplish the move.

Here is a very good document on managng storage space and even optimizing the database.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/storage.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies