cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Server running out of space

tsmedley
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing low free space on my Unity Server version 3.1 which has a 8GB C: partition with 33MB free, after investingating I found 4.5GB in my MDBDATA folder with 830 files most of which are "E0000xxxx.log files" all seem to be >5MB, one in perticular the EDB file is >144MB, is there a way to safely clean up this folder so that I can aquire more free space, what do you reccomend.

3 Replies 3

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

I think you can move those logs to some safe place and free up some space. You could also try Exchange Optimizer to claim some space.

I used a proceedure to move my Data files to D: which seemed to move all 4GB of files ok but the next day I noticed my space on C: was low again and space on D: was high, I though this to be incorrect so I rebooted my Server and noticed every thing went back to where it was when I first moved the files, is there some thing I missed in the move, I noticed the Data Base files were still pointing to C:.

I used Exchange System Manager to accomplish the move.

jhdeleon
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a very good document on managng storage space and even optimizing the database.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/storage.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: