cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Service Packs (OS Updates)

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

It seems like the OS Update procedure for Unity is rather manual. Click on each patch and run it, takes a long time. Whereas in CallManager you download 2000-4-3a-SR11.exe which is cumulative and has a script that runs everything and does a single reboot. Also you know from the OS Version if you are at the latest OS updates.

Any plans to make Unity OS Updates patching as easy as CallManager OS Updates?

Honestly I usually run Windows Automatic Updates on new Unity servers as the manual procedure is such a pain. Haven't been bit yet, but I know this unsupported by Cisco.

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Jason,

I usually create a bat file and run the batch file to do a silent install on these update. I agree Unity patching is such a pain.

From command line you can copy and paste the path of the executable file with /? as the switch and it will tell you the options for a silent install. (Unity documentation says /z /m, but i have seen different executables have different switches). Almost all executables (patches) use the same swithh type (/z, /m, /Q etc). Create a bat file with the full UNC path and the switch separated by space) and run the bat file to patch Unity completely.

I would encourage taking a full system backup of Unity, before applying the patch.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: