cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Set Volume 1.0.29 generates errors?

mimorris
Level 1
Level 1

On a Unity 3.1.5 box, I installed Set Volume 1.0.29 and ran it to adjust all wav files. Program ran successfully and I exited out, but immediately after I noticed in Task Mgr that AvDirSynch pounded away for quite a while and upon checking the Event Viewer I noticed it generated the following error for every subscriber defined in Unity. What's up? Anything to worry about?

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvDirSynch_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1095

Date: 6/3/2003

Time: 10:25:27 AM

User: N/A

Computer: VM1

Description:

Failed modifying properties on directory object cn=whitcps,cn=Recipients,ou=VOIP,o=NN. Reason: LDAP_CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION.

3 Replies 3

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The set volume utility indirectly made these errors come up. Unity isn't going to crash or anything, but it is of concern. The CPU usage increasing after the utility is normal. That process is running at a lower priority than other Unity processes, so if it needs to give up some CPU time, it will.

Basically what's happening here is the SetVolume utility makes changes on the local Unity server and then starts off what we call a "SQL Sync". The SQL Sync pushes information out of the local SQL database into the directory.

What's going on is that there's a Unity property that's trying to be set in the directory that's not kosher. Attributes in the directory have an expected data type. For instance "name" would be of type "string". On the other hand, "useDefaults" would be of type "bool". Here Unity is trying to set an attribute with an incorrect data type (trying to set the value as a string when the directory is expecting a bool).

The problem is that from the error message, we can't tell exaclty what is trying to be set (in 4.0, you would). We'll need to set traces to figure out what's up.

Is the Unity server connected to E55 or E2K?

Thanks for your reply. E55 is co-located on the Unity box.

If you can set all of the AvDSEx55 traces and reproduce the problem, I can take a look at those traces. Don't post them hear, email them to oliviers@cisco.com. Better yet, if you can provide remote access, I can go in and take a look.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: