cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity setup fails - Exchange server version is not 6.0

ericboes
Level 1
Level 1

After loading Exchange 2K (on-box), etc. and installing Unity 3.1(5), I am prepared to run the Unity Configuration wizard. When I start it, I get the welcome message, then I get asked for the installation account password, then I get asked for which message store (Exch 5.5 or 2000).

I select Exchange 2000, and click Next, and I get a popup error screen:

"The following problem was found while verifying that the system meets the installation requirements:

Exchange Server version is not Version 6.0 (Build 5762.4: Service Pack 2)"

I've checked in the "tempu.log" file, and it indicates that this message originates when a file is run from

c:\commserver\syscheck\enu\configurationsetup\testsuitesexchange2k.xml

Any ideas of what I need to do to resolve this? I have already tried re-installing Unity (the previous step); I have not gone back further in the process (i.e. Exchange 2K install, etc.).

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Risking the obvious here... but did you install SP2 for Exchange 2K? Did you follow the instructions for installing the hot fix requried by Untiy 3.1(5)?

that Syscheck is looking in the registry under HKLM\SOFRWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Setup\ under the key "ServicePackBuild" and it's looking for something greater than 2650 which is the SP2...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Risking the obvious here... but did you install SP2 for Exchange 2K? Did you follow the instructions for installing the hot fix requried by Untiy 3.1(5)?

that Syscheck is looking in the registry under HKLM\SOFRWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Setup\ under the key "ServicePackBuild" and it's looking for something greater than 2650 which is the SP2...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction -- the directions I had were evidently for an earlier version, and didn't show installing SP2 for Exch 2K. Once I did that, things cleared up and I was able to move ahead.

Eric