cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity setup question

spodonnell
Level 1
Level 1

I setup Unity 3.15 in house and didn't document things the way I should.

I'm trying to find out what the base user search space I pointed Unity to during the setup.

How do I find out after the fact?

4 Replies 4

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No problem. We can get to it. Are you looking for the root of a search that's done when importing Unity subscribers? Or are you looking for something else? E2K or E55?

E2K

Looking for the current root of a search.

The Admin is restructuring AD and I may need to point Unity to a different AD context.

Check this registry key...

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchGlobalCatalog\1.00\Directory\Root=

Change that and restart the AvDsGlobalCatalog service.

To expand the question a little bit, I have EX5.5 and Unity 4.02 and would like to import users from other sites in my exchange organization. What is the reg key that needs to be modified. I noticed that there are are several key in the registry that contain the search root HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\MailUsers\SearchRoot

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\MailboxStores\SearchRoot

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\Locations\SearchRoot

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\DistributionLists\SearchRoot

So.. Which regkeys should be changed to allow Exchange users from other site within the Org. to be imported into unity. (and function)

I downloaded the Advanced settings tool from answer monkey according to a TAC page and I was unable to locate the option to change it in the utility.

So what will allow me to import from other sites?

Many thanks!