Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity slow to respond

Unity 4.02 ER-19

Exchange 2000 Unified

CCM 3.3.3 SR-1

500 Users

Customer just moved from Octel Messaging over to Unity and has concerns with how unity responds to the users.

An example of this is when you do a spell by name in Octel it responds immediately. Doing spell by name in Unity "sometimes" can be slow. If you spell part of the users last name in Unity, Unity responds "For (long pause) John Doe at extension 5555 press 1. Is there a way to speed this up?

In general they don't like how "slow" some of the actions as stated above react. I have talked to them about delay that could be happening when logging into your voice mail account and you have 5000 emails, etc and when you delete messages how you can get delay if you copy to the deleted items folder (I have this feature turned off).

It would be nice to be able to control what the Unity prompts offer to the user, For example is there a way when you do spell by name and it finds a match, Unity replies "For John Doe at extension 5555 press 1. This customer doesn't want to here the extension read back to them.

Thanks as all ways.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity slow to respond

There's no setting in Unity that's inserting a pause in front of the name as you describe so, no, there's no way to adjust a configuration item to somehow speed that up - you can get some pause in there if the user recorded their name via the web and included space in front of it - I've seen that before.

As for customizing what's played on the matched list, yes - you can configure this. On the "Match List Options" page for the directory handler there's an option to select either menu format (what you list here) or extension format (where user is required to enter the extension of the match instead of a menu position ordinal). There's a checkbox at the bottom that optionally announces the extension of each name when you have menu format enabled - with this unchecked we'll just say the user's name and that's it.

Anonymous
N/A

The match list option works from the main unity directory prompt (4) but when you are within unity addressing a message and spelling by name the extension is still supplied after the name is announced. Is it possible to remove this also?

Cisco Employee

I assume you mean when a subscriber is signed in and is addressing a message to another subscriber? If so then no, this conversation is not adjustable as the directory handler conversation is.

Cisco Employee

Actually, the conversation folks remind me that we DID add an option for this into the last 4.0(3) release...

It's an option set through the Advanced Settings Tools. The item in question is "Conversation - Subscriber addressing confirm match mode" - check out the description in the advanced settings tool to know how to configure it such that extensions are not played.

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks. I found it on my system this morning after reading a different post of yours. Not sure why I have it if it is a 4.0(3) feature but I'm glad I do.

Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies