cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity SPE blade DNS address disappeared after reboot

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Everytime after restart the Unity server,the configured DNS server address just disapeared, and I have to enter again. Unity has a fixed IP address which is already predefined in system manager.

DNS server is the other Windows AD server

System manager 2.6

Unity 4.0

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

What do you have set for the DNS server in the System Manager? Are you running ICS config after the reboots? Is the DNS server blank after a reboot or does it say 127.0.0.1?

DNS server in the system manager is 172.16.4.251, which is IP address of our DNS server and AD server.

At very first, it shows 127.0.0.1, then I found out unity server itself has DNS service installed, but no DNS zone there.Since we don't want unity to run DNS service,I removed the DNS service from Unity and pointed 172.16.4.251 as the DNS server.

Then I rebooted the server, and this time it went to blank. Initially I thought maybe some configuration in the system manager. But theoratically it should have nothing to do with the DNS configure in system manager, right? Anyhow, the DNS server in system manager is the right one, which is 172.16.4.251.

Thanks

SHouyi