Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity stops working

I have a Unity server that stops working about once or twice per day. The service is still running, but incoming calls directed to the Unity pilot number get ring no answer. If you press the messages button on the Cisco phone, you get a busy signal. I can go to the Monitor tool and stop/restart Unity services and the problem clears. This is a relatively new install and the problem has been happening almost since the beginning. <br>CallManager 3.0.10<br>Unity 2.4.6<br>TSP 32<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity stops working

Anything interesting show up in the application event log?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

I am waiting for the customer to email the log files, meanwhile: We were running 12.2.2T on a 3661 FXO gateway (MGCP) and we had a problem with voicemail cutting you off at 45 seconds. We downgraded to 12.1.5XM3 and the 45 sec problem went away. This problem also seems to have vanished. I will keep you posted.

Anonymous
N/A

I remember a case where there was a 45 second cutoff while leaving messages. The TSP got a message from CallManager containing the text:

"Network outage "

That's why Unity stopped recording. It's likely the GW did somehting CallManager did not like. However, I doubt downgrading the IOS would fix any problem with users pressing the messages button on the phone.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content