cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Subsriber removed from AD 2000 before Unity account removed

green-robert
Level 1
Level 1

I had a subscriber on Unity 3.0.8 unified messaging and my exchange 2000 person removed the domain account before I was able to delete it on Unity first. Unity will not let me remove the account through SA. I tried to run both Bunny Killer 1.0.0 and recently ran the new Remove Subscriber Properties utility.

The problem with both utilities is that it will only show me all user accounts up to the end of last name ending in "N" no other account past "N" will show up. The removed user account is in the "P"

I have well over 5000 email accounts on exchange and I only have about 450 Unity subscribers.

I guess my question is, how do I remove the subscriber from unity when the domain account is gone?

because I need the extention that is being used for the removed domain user, and I cant even change the extention for this removed user. It just won't work

Help....

Rob

rgreen@tusd.net

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no version 3.0.8 of Unity... there's 3.0(4) which is as high as the 3.0 line gets.

The procedure for cleaning this up is going to depend on which version you're actually running.

Unity 3.0 Build 3.0(4)

Yes your right...

Rob

Couple things here...

1. when the AD account was removed the subscriber should automatically be deleted by Unity when the directory monitor sees the user tossed into the hidden "deleted items" folder in AD - if our directory facing account doesn't have rights to that container then we'll "miss" the event and leave the user in the the database. Presumably the user information is still in SQL based on your description.

2. If the user was deleted in AD why are you trying to use the "clean subscriber properties" on them? They're gone, right? I'm a little confused by your efforts here - that tool is for cleaning Unity properties off users in AD that were stamped as subscribers by a Unity server and need to be cleaned - if the account was waxed (and presumably recreated later?) there's no need for this unless I'm missing something big here. That said, you should be able to use the Global Subscriber Manager tool to get to an account and clean it (the remove subscriber properties tool is being retired, that functionality is now rolled into the more sophisticated GSM tool). It should deal with very large numbers of users in AD containers (although 5000 users in one container, if that's what you're saying, is not really a very good idea just for the record).

3. To remove this user in SQL you can use Enterprise Manager if you have it installed or you can use CUDLE (Cisco Unity Data Link Explorer - it's in Tools Depot and you can get the latest off www.CiscoUnityTools.com). Enterprise manager is pretty easy - just open up UnityDB and go to the "subscriber" table - find the user you need to delete (be SURE you get the right guy!) and delete them. All the related database entries for this user will be deleted automatically - including their primary call handler and extension information. If you don't have Enterprise Manager installed you can go to the Query Builder tool in CUDLE and enter "DELETE FROM Subscriber WHERE Alias='jlindborg'" - of course replacing "jlindborg" with the alias of the user you need to delte - again, be sure you get the right guy because there's no undo here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: