Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity System Administration Login Error

After bringing my network back up (it was down for a day and a half due to the hurricane), I have been unable to access the Unity System Administration Page. I have tried using both the administrator account on the Unity Server and my account (I am an administrator) on my laptop, but I get the following message:

Access denied

Your Windows Domain Account [domain\username] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber.

You cannot access the Unity System Administration web pages.

Please see your system administrator for more details.

Unity seems to work fine (users can access their VM both internally and externally), but I now have no way of adding or deleting users, nor changing our reception Call Handler message, saying we are closed for the day.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Pamela

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity System Administration Login Error

This is most likely a DNS issue of one flavor or another - if we're not getting response back from the domain controller, for instance, we can't authenticate the user trying to access our web admin interface.

The place to start is at the new SA troubleshooting white paper here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/unity-sa-trblshoot-guide.html

Pamela,

Have you found a solution to your problem yet?

We're experiencing the same problem. When trying to access Unity, we get the same message, "Your Windows Domain Account [NCOCC\unityadmin] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber."

I've followed the suggestions in the Troubleshooting Guide that was posted with no changes. I'm able to authenticate to the domain when I log onto the Unity Box so I don't believe it is a DNS issue.

I'm also seeing messages in the Event Log;

Gateway: Error [0x800706BA] retrieving mailboxes associated with NT account : [NCOCC\unityadmin]

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Terry

Terry,

I, too, went through the Troubleshooting Guide to no effect. It (finally) started working again today, after I installed the latest MS Security patches.

Hope this helps,

Pamela

Pamela,

We have this same problem on an old Unity system rel 2.3 on an NT server (Exchange 5.5) and it occurred when I put ON some MS patches. Which patches did you just do that FIXED it for you? We have not been able to manage accounts for over a month now...

Thanks for any help anyone can give -

Patti

Anonymous
N/A

Try logging into the server using the UnityAdmin account vs. your Administrator and your login. I had the same issue. I logged in as UnityAdmin and could right mouse click on the the Unity Icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and select "Launch System Admin" This should log you into Unity. When you follow these instructions while logged in as Administrator it will give you the error you were getting.

Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks for the suggestion, Antione. However, I was using the account (called ExcAdmin) that has been our Unity Admin account - which worked fine until I installed Microsoft patches at end of August. If installing MORE Microsoft patches might help (as Pamela mentioned) I'd love to hear which ones!

ANy other suggestions are also greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies