cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Text to Speech issue

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Does anyone know if version 4 will be able to have the text to speech session read the "from" category in an e-mail message? Right now it starts of with the subject line and that's ok but it would be great to know who it was from BEFORE the message started :) Thats's the way most people I know mentally sort e-mails, based on who it's from and then the subject line.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not in the release of 4.0(1)... it's on the list for a follow on release though. It does, by the way, play a voice name if the email is from a subscriber.

Thanks Jeff,

One more thing. Is there any way to tweak the RealSpeak voice to get smoother playback? It's pretty good as is but some words tend to roll together. The Unity demo I heard at MEC2001 seemed to be a lot smoother and VERY realistic. Is my memory just playing tricks on me?

Travis

there's no tweaking you can do that I know of... not sure what they would have done to make it sound smoother.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: