Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity to Forward to External Number

OK,

Ive seen the other threads on how to have Unity forward to external calls. Im still getting stuck somewhere, it seems. Ive a subscriber that has a caller input set to "7" that "attempts transfer" to another call handler, called "External Call". The call handler has the owner of "Example Subscriber" with an active schedule of "All Hours", and no extention. The "Call Transfer" page has the rule "Alternate" enabled, with "Transfer incoming calls" set to "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension", with a 7, and then my cell phone number. I watch status monitor and the subscriber forwards off to the call handler correctly, but, it goes straight into the greeting for the call handler.

Am I missing something really simple here or what?

7 REPLIES

Re: Unity to Forward to External Number

Double check the Class of Service for the Ex. Sub. and click on restriction table. Click on view next to the Transfers restriction, and verify that the transfers can go to the PSTN.

Same deal. Only the defaults were in restrictions table. Just in case, I changed all dial strings to be allowed. I still get the same thing, where once transfered, it goes straight into the alternate greeting for the call handler.

Good suggestion, though. I never would have thought to look there. :)

1) Double check and make suire that the Unity voicemail ports have a calling Search Space in CallManager that allows outbound dialing.

2) Try transfering to an internal number, and see if that works ... That will verify that it is hitting the transfer properly.

Well, I bet the problem lies with #1 then. I dont know much at all about CallManager (thats handled by someone else) but I just checked the "Cisco Voice Mail Port" configuration page and I see that the calling search space is set to "< None >".

I wont be able to change anything like the search space without first asking the CallManager guy, but what effect would that have on users or the system, if that can be answered in brief (just for my information)?. In addition, it looks as though there are search spaces for each of the customer's different locations with a local and a long distance parameter. Would I have to create a new search space?

I tried #2 and internal transfers work fine.

Thanks a ton in advance. I appreciate your help thus far.

In short ... The Calling Search Spaces indicate what numbers a specific device is allowed to call. The Unity voicemail ports are used for dialout to the number that the call is being transfered to.

However, I have seen a number of implementation where everything is set to and it sounds like you might be in that situation. if you have the ability, you can check the Calling Search Space on your phone. I would guess that it is also , and you can call your cell phone from there (I assume), but you can check. If the calling search space on your phone matches the calling search space of the voicemail ports, and if you can call your cell phone from your phone, then that is not the issue.

One more thing to check :-)

Well, the phone is actually setup to a different call search space. I guess that'd be the problem? Ill speak with the CallManager guy to see if we can rememdy this, if in fact this is what needs to be changed.

But, from the phone that Im testing it on, I can call out to my cell, if that makes a difference.

I just pointed my personal idol, the CallManager guy, out to this thread, so maybe he can chime in. :)

It turned out to be a calling search space issue. Thanks much for your help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content