Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity to Octel sender announced

slc2
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.15, IVC 10.01

When Octel nodes send a msg to Unity the sender's recorded name is sent along with the msg. How can the same be accomplished when the Unity Bridge sends a msg to an Octel mailbox?

2 Replies 2

slc2
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention that this is when using blind addressing.

I'm not sure there's a way to do this. It's kind of an implementation difference between the two systems in general. Unity does not automatically include the voice name as part of the message. This allows Unity subscribers the option of setting their personal conversation to report the name of senders, or not. If they choose to hear the sender in their conversation, this is done dynamically at the time the message is retrieved.

If you have Bridge Subscribers set up for the remote Octel subscribers then you will hear the recorded name before or after the message is played (that is also selectable) depending on what each subscriber has chosen for their conversation options.

The Bridge Networking guide at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/bridge/bcg/bcg211/index.htm has more details on how name confirmation applies.

Note that if a Unity subscriber does have their conversation configured to play the recorded name of the sender, and then a message does arrive from a Bridge subscriber from an Octel, they will hear the recorded voice name from Unity and also the recorded name within the message.

Personally, I like the flexibility that Unity provides in its implementation. But it is kind of a mismatch when it comes to messaging with the Octels. I think there may be a way to turn off the setting on the Octel that puts the voice name in the voice message, but I'm not sure, and it's probably a system-wide setting not specific to networking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: