Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Transfer

Good day Group...

I am trying to setup the following scenario, and I am not sure just how to acheive it.

I want answered calls that comes in through the GW..to get transfered to another user within our coporate network, to have the caller ID of the external caller, as well as the internal caller who transfered the call. for e.g

1. User 1 receives an incoming call via the GW

2. User 1 put the call on hold, and transfer the call to User 2

Now I want user 2 to see the caller ID of the external caller, and not the caller ID of user 1, when the call gets transfered to User 2 by User 1.

if it's possible to show both caller ID...ie user 1 who transfered the call, and the external caller to User 2 then that would be a plus.

Any ideas...Thanks

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Unity Transfer

What you are describing works on my system (CCM 3.3(2) with a VG200 gateway using MGCP). When User 1 receives an incoming call from the PSTN and then transfers the call to User 2:

If User 1 does a blind transfer then User 1 will only see the Caller ID of the incoming call.

If User 1 hits the transfer button and announces the call to User 2 (User 2 will first see the Caller ID from User 1), then when User 2 hits the transfer button a second time to complete the transfer, User 1 sees the CallerID of the inbound call.

Now for the bad news......I'm not sure what makes this work. What I think makes it work is that on the VG200 Gateway I have the field "Redirection Number IE Delivery--Inbound" checked. At least that is a starting point. good luck.

Cisco Employee

given the topology

pstn----gateway---CCM---gateway---PBX

This is heavily dependant on the type of gateway you are using and the ISDN protocol being used there. Basically it will need to support connected party number. When user1 initiates the consultative transfer, user2 will see a direct call from user1. when user1 presses the transfer key the 2nd time, there shoudl be an ISDN NOTIFY message sent over the ckt that updates the display to show the external caller number. This is also dependant on your PBX's ability to receive and display the updated Display element.

If user1 and user2 are both on ipphones, this should work by default, though some versions of CCM failed to send the 2nd notify. Open a TAC case with CCM traces (or provide remote access) and detailed description of the call flow and we should be able to get you setup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml /Wes

The transfer works fine between 2 IP Phones showing the caller ID of the initial caller.

However when transfering to a phone outside the GW(eg a cell phone), the caller ID diplayed on the phone is the main trunk line. I think thia is as a reult of dialing the access code 9 b/4 the number.

Is there anyway to make the caller ID show on the cell phone.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content