Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

unity um

I have an exchange cluster with parent domain and child domains in win2k. Child domains Win2k's has different ou's in which the accounts are created. How I can get the selection of all the users in import utility of unity for exchange. And if I will do it through csv file how I can specify child domains and there ou's. At the time of csv import does it look for an user in all the ou's. If no then I am worried, that will create a new user in all the ou's.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: unity um

The import utility and the SA both should get all non subscriber mail users in the forrect root and down - which can be a bit slow and in some cases will cause timeouts for very large directories. If you run into that problem, the Global Subscriber Manager for Unity 3.1(5) and later will allow you to import users by going right to the container the user(s) are in and importing them directly.

How can I import all the users using csv file since all the users are in different child domains and differetnt ou's.

Cisco Employee

you don't import standing users via CSV... you can only create new users (with new AD/Mail accounts built on the fly) using CSV at the moment. The Import two has a second mode, however, where it will populate a grid with all the mail users in the directory that are not already "tagged" as a subscriber... you can import some or all of them as you wish - you need to provide an extension number, however. If you prepopulate the AD Business Phone filed, we'll default to using that.. if it's filled in for everyone it's a one step process... if not you'll need to provide the extension numbers on the form before importing.

Views
Helpful
Replies