Unity 2.4.6 135 running on an Exchange 5.5 server. A new server will be used for Exchange 2000.
Would like to upgrade all users to Exchange 2000 onto the new box and use the original box for Unity only. Unity will be upgraded as well.
Action: Correct me if this is wrong
1) Export Unity using the Export tool
2) Uninstall Unity 2.4.6 from Exchange 5.5 on the original box
3) Install E2k into the same site as E5.5. Migrate all users over to the new server
4) Retire/Remove the Exchange 5.5 server from the picture.
5) Wipe the original box clean and install new OS and Unity 4.0.2
6) Import data back into 4.0.2 server
7) If everything works, then users will be on E2k with 4.0.2 running
Talked to TAC, but they have me to do the following:
install e55 on the new box
Migrate the users
do the 2.4.6 export (from the upgrading from 2.4.6 to 4.0 doc)
shut down Unity
upgrade exchange to 2000
install unity 4.0
import the users into 4.0
I want to use my 1st method since it is faster and cleaner (Exchange will not need to be upgraded on the same box). Anyway, let me know which way works. I am not sure whether the Export/Import tool requires the original Exchange server name.
The first post was lost (i thought) when my browser went haywire. Yes, it is the same post and it can be deleted. According to Keith, my 1st method will work so i will follow that this weekend unless you have a better way to do this. :)
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.