over the weekend I completed an upgrade the Unity 3.1.4 to Unity 3.1.5. This is a 72 port system with failover on a huge Dell server. What I am wondering is that the upgrade took 5 hours to complete per server. Is this normal. When I brought up the taskmanager, I noticed that the install.exe had only run for about 6 minutes. Did i miss a step during the upgrade to cause it to run so slowly. I followed the upgrade procedure and made sure all services that might cause any delay were turned off.
No, that's not normal... 5 hours is much too long.
The most common problem along those lines usually relates to virus scanners being in play while the file copy is going on which can cause it to take very long periods of time during that phase of the install.
The Mcafee virus scanner was disabled for the upgrade. The upgrade appeared to stop in two places. Once, halfway through that Core file upgrade. And the second, which was over 2 hours, halfway through the Language file portion. I am only using U.S. English on the systems
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.