Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Upgrades

I have just received some Unity 2.4.6.102 CD's for the purpose of upgrading some of our existing customers. The versions of Unity that are out there in our customer base range from 2.3.4.102 to 2.4.5.73. It seemed like in the past we would get an additional disk for a key upgrade before we would do the Unity software upgrade. Is the key upgrade not needed going to 2.4.6? Are there any conditions when a key upgrade would be needed if the end user is not changing any features and just doing a software upgrade? <br>In addition, if the customer has faxing installed, either same box or separate box, do you always do a fax upgrade as well? <br>Thanks in advance.<br><br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity Upgrades

You should not need a key upgrade code unless you’re adding/changing a feature… this includes changing switch integration types (which burns people the most). The 2.4.6 install allows you to enter the upgrade code (or surf to a file with it) as part of the upgrade process itself, which is nice. No need to upgrade the key first and then run setup.

If you’re using ActiveFax (fax on the same box) then yes, you will need to upgrade the fax module as well. I would highly recommend uninstalling the fax stuff entirely (there are instructions for that in the install gudie) since the LightningFax setup that’s being run during install is very twitchy if there’s an existing version of fax installed. If you’re running fax off box and you’re happy with how it’s working, no need to touch it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff - I know this probably doesn't fall under your side of the business but... How can I get the the upgrade CD's?

I've got a customer that purchased a 4port Unity Solution in December. They purchased the ActiveVoice Support for it as well which should be free upgrades for a year?? I've got them running Build 2.45.66 and I want to upgrade them to 2.46. Cisco TAC said I have to order the upgrades through Ingram-Micro which is our vendor. Does that sound right?
Thanks,
Tim Wehr

Anonymous
N/A

Yeah, that does sound right. Non Cisco customers have to go through a qualified reseller (i.e. Ingram-Micro) to get CDs (new installs or upgrades). Seems a bit odd around the edges but I guess that's how it's done now.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I did some more research on getting upgrade CDs sent out when a customer ordered support. Cisco is also handling the shipping. Requests can be sent to Unitysoftware@cisco.com
Tim

You need to include the following pieces of information:
Shipping address
Contact name
Endsite name
Shipping contact phone number
Current version
Key serial number

Views
Helpful
Replies