Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Upgrades

When upgrading Unity from 2.4.6.102 to .126 or .135 what gets over written? What settings should be recorded prior to the upgrade so that they may be configured post upgrade?<br><br>Thanks Dave<br><br>

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity Upgrades

None of your setting should get erased by Unity upgrades from 2.4.6.102 to either 126 or 135.
We are only replacing DLLs etc for fixes, not overwriting existing settings.
But as always, it is best to have a backup of your system before you embark on the upgrade journey.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

If the system had any custom rules or networking setup would/could that have been impacted?

I know that if you setup custom rules as a work around you needed to set those back to factory settings and then upgrade so I did not try and record the settings prior to the upgrade.

(i.e. http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=ipswitch&Num
ber=1756&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=rule&Match=Entire Phrase&Searc
hpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=1756 )

Thanks Dave

If by networking setup you mean Unity locations, internet subscribers etc, you are safe. These will not get overwritten in an upgrade.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies