Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity User Licenses

My customer has Unity UM 8-ports 100 users. In addition to their regular employees who need UM, they have contractors that need a mailbox on the system and other employees who need VM only. Unity will not allow us to add additional VM only users. Unity used to support unlimited mailboxes (65K).<br><br>How many VM only users can I add? I thought that we only needed a license for the UM users.<br><br>Taki Gikakis<br>Director of IP Telephony<br>Cisco Certified Design Associate <br>AAA Networks - Cisco's AVVID Partner<br>http://www.aaanetworks.net<br>703-248-4015 direct<br>703-875-8005 fax

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity User Licenses

Make sure the class of service you're applying to the VM only users doesn't include a feature (such as TTS or VMO) which isn't licensed.

You can check the license information in the SA under System/Licensing -- it should show total, used, and unused licenses.

You probably still have 65000 Voice Mail seats, but there may be other class of service features getting in the way.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

I checked the license information in the SA under System/Licensing -- it shows:

Licenses purchased for: Total Used Unused
Voice Mail Users 100 100 0
ViewMail for Outlook Users 100 91 9
ActiveAssistant Users 100 91 9
Text-To-Speech Email Users 100 90 10
FaxMail Users 100 91 9
Licenses purchased for: Total Used Unused
GUI Languages 1 1 0
TUI Languages 1 1 0

Did we do something wrong when we activated the key?

Taki Gikakis
Director of IP Telephony
Cisco Certified Design Associate
AAA Networks - Cisco's AVVID Partner
http://www.aaanetworks.net
703-248-4015 direct
703-875-8005 fax

Anonymous
N/A

Cisco has recently begun to offer different licensing packages, so this is probably a recent order.
That key is only licensed for 100 users. So if you have reached your limit you may need to contact sales to order more seats.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Views
Helpful
Replies