Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Unity v2.45 with CM and NEC

I understand that Unity v2.45 (available now) supports dual integration with CallManager 3.0 and a PBX. I want to migrate from a Repartee that connects to a NEC IMX 2400 to a Unity that connects to the NEC and CallManager. <br><br>Can I use the existing hardware components in the Repartee system to connect Unity to the NEC PBX?<br><br>Will Unity use skinny protocol to interact with CallManager under this configuration, or does dual integration require TAPI?<br><br>Thanks, Dan<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity v2.45 with CM and NEC

Hi Dan.

For the dual switch integration in your case, you can use the same serial connection to the phone switch that Repartee uses. Unity, in fact, uses the same switch definition and integration definition files for the MCI serial integration that Repartee does. The hardware (in the case of the PC you’re running Repartee on) will likely not be usable for Unity… I don’t think that’s what you were asking but just thought I’d mention it since it comes up quite a bit.

The dual integration will work fine with the AvCiscoTSP (which uses the Skinny protocol to communicate with CM).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content