Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity v3.1.5 license upgrade not detected

Hi,

Here is the situation:

The customer orginally purchased a unity 3.1.3 system.

The unity system had been installed for a couple of months and the customer purchased additional subscriber licenses.

These were registered on CCO and the license upgrade file recieved from Cisco via email. However these additional licenses were not applied immediately.

The unity system has since been upgraded to v3.1.5.

Now when the license upgrade utility is run to add these additional licenses, no increase is seen in the number of subscribers after the server is restarted.

The key dump utility still shows the same number of voicemail users.

Does that facf that the system has been upgraded to 3.1.5 make a difference?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Graeme

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity v3.1.5 license upgrade not detected

Sorry, should say that I have tried the license synchroniser as well.

Cheers

Graeme

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity v3.1.5 license upgrade not detected

I'm not %100 on this since it's been a while since I've twiddled in the security key stuff however I believe it _does_ matter that you've upgraded to 3.1(5) - the settings on the key will no long match those you sent when getting the upgrade code (that long list of character/numbers you sent when getting an upgrade code) - if the settings don't match exactly the upgrade code will balk at applying - this is to prevent someone from taking one upgrade code and applying it to different keys.

Views
Helpful
Replies