Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Viewmail Client and Outlook 2000

I have 5 PC's with Unity Viewmail client for Outlook 2000 installed. 4 work fine, 5th won't work. All Windows 2000 Pro (Sp2)

The viewmail client installs OK bu when I try to open a Unity message - the following error appears.

"The outlook form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. An error occured registering the form in the OLE registry."

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity Viewmail Client and Outlook 2000

I ran into something similar and had to re-image the machine (format, reinstall everything). I tried uninstalling Outlook first and reinstalling but it keeps whatever’s wrong (registry entries I suspect). I usually find it’s quicker to re-image for Windows software conflicts and problems then to try to find the needle in the haystack. If someone out there has already found this “needle” help us out?

Re: Unity Viewmail Client and Outlook 2000

Typically, you can Go to Add/Remove Programs, Select Outlook 2000 via Add//Remove button, and select the option to Repair or reinstall.

For Outlook to correctly work with ViewMail, you must make sure Collaborative Data Objects (CDO) were installed (via a Custom installation of Outlook). Or, you can choose the Add/Remove option again, and select another option (Add vs repair).

Lastly, install Viewmail.

Make sure you have IE v5.5sp2 installed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content